Saturday, July 2, 2011

Podcasts in the Classroom

The podcast that I would use in my classroom is one made about Amelia Bedelia.
This podcast was made by 2nd graders using a smartboard and an interactive book read aloud version of an Amelia Bedelia story.  The 2nd graders did a wonderful job of manipulating the smartboard as well as speaking clearly for the camera/microphone.
I would use this podcast in my classroom during the time that I am reading Amelia Bedelia stories which is a part of our language arts curriculum.  This could be used as an extension activity to culminate their learnings of an Amelia Bedelia story.  It is a great way to bring the story to life. Ideally I would like to contact the teacher that created this and see if I could use her smartboard story template in my classroom to bring her podcast to life in my classroom.  If that is not possible, after showing the podcast, we would create our own podcast of each student reading a page from the class chosen favorite Amelia Bedelia story.

No comments:

Post a Comment